Thursday, December 09, 2004

My "I hate ALL Men" phase

A few months back, I blogged about a phase in my life when I hated men. I went through a bad break up and became bitter. It lasted about a year and a bit.....

It's hard at this point in my life, when I'm happy, to talk about it. WHY I chose this forum, I don't know.

I was out for revenge, out to get even with the male race. I hated them with every fibre of my being and became incredibly destructive.

I did everything I wanted to ever do to get even with men because I thought, no, I KNEW they were weak because they'd do anything for an attractive woman- they'd go even further if there was a chance you might have sex at some point. That's not an egoistic statement, I swear to God. That's just a very frank assessment. I firmly believed that men would do anything if their dicks told them to.

What exactly did I do?
  • I made married men cheat on their wives (Honey, in any city in the world, men like that are NOT hard to find) and made sure their wives "accidentally" found out about it. (Strategically placed receipts, emails, untimely phone calls, misplaced personal belongings etc.)
  • I would try to break up male friendships by making them compete against each other for me. Make them betray their friendship.
  • I would lead the naive ones on, manipulate them a bit, and drop them.

All fuelled by hate.

I lost a great number of friends, colleagues and made plenty of enemies this way. Got a few pieces of jewellery, some designer handbags and shoes which I gave away etc.... (NOT what I was after. I was after BLOOD. Theirs.) Last year I had the misfortune to bump into one of them again in a meeting for a new joint-venture project. Very uncomfortable, and very unprofessional. The new projects in Asia and Australia is mainly concentrated in China and in the Middle East- Dubai, especially.

I went down this path for a while until I realised that the only person I was really hurting was myself. There wasn't really an "Aha!" moment for me. The anger just eventually dissipated.

No comments: