Saturday, December 08, 2007

Thai your luck


I'm starting to crave food that I've never liked before. Never liked Tom Yum, especially when it's not a clear soup (versus all natural tom yum where all you can see is just lemongrass, galangal, bird's eye chili and kaffir lime leaves in the soup plus the seafood). I'm a purist. So sue me.

This one's obviously made from some generic paste from a jar. (But I'm not picky these days.)


So, with a pregnant craving to satisfy, we went to Chao Phraya at Star City on a hot Sydney weekend afternoon that was infested with flies. Yeah, everyone who has been to Australia in the summertime know what I'm talking about when I mention those damn flies. Arrrgh.

Glad we were indoors, not like the poor people out there. They eventually moved in because the flies were out of control.

Spicy food and Singha beer (for him, not me, dammit!)

No comments: